Advertising Regulatory Agencies in Nigeria
Advertising Regulatory Agencies are the statutory bodies in charge of monitoring and control of any type of communication and public promotion of different products or services to consumers and users.
Adverts approved by the regulatory agencies can either be in the visual form or audio.
In Nigeria, there are different forms of advertising ranging from outdoor to digital advertising placements.
However, there are different regulations that oversee the contents of all adverts and the influence it has on the general public.
Advert content and placement is currently regulated by different agencies in Nigeria according to the state laws where the advert will be publicized.
These agencies have various functions that are intended for the states and locations within their quota. The agencies are governed by codes and regulations at federal and state level.
LIST OF ADVERTISING REGULATORY AGENCIES IN NIGERIA
- Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria – APCON
- The Advertisers Association of Nigeria – ADVAN.
- National Broadcasting Commission – NBC
- The Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria – AAAN
- Media Independent Practitioners Association of Nigeria – MIPAN
- Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria – NPAN
- Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria – BON
- Outdoor Advertising Association of Nigeria – OAAN.
- Nigerian Communication Commission – NCC
- Anambra State Signage and Advertising Agency – ANSAA
- Cross River State Signage and Advertisement Agency – CRISSAA
- Bauchi State Signage and Advertisement Management Agency – BASSAMA
- Delta State Signage and Advertisement Agency – DESAA
- Edo State Signage Agency
- Ekiti State Signages and Advertisement Agency – EKSAA
- Imo Signage and Advertisement Agency – IMSAA (In the works)
- Kano State Signage and Advertisement Agency – KASAA
- Kwara State Signage and Advertisement Agency – KWASAA
- Lagos State Signage & Advertisement Agency
- Ogun State Signage and Advertisement Agency – OGSAA
- Ondo State Signage and Advertisement Agency – OSSAA
- State of Osun Signage and Advertising Agency
- Oyo State Signage and Advertisement Agency OYSAA
- Rivers State Signage Agency – RISAA
- FCTA Department of Outdoor Advertisement & Signage
- Niger State Signage and Advertisement Agency (NISSAA)
Always remember, your campaign must be approved before setting it up to avoid paying exorbitant fees and fines when caught.
Contact us to set up your advert campaign and get it approved with no hassles.
This post was written in collaboration with Ezinne Oduah.